MATH WORD OF THE WEEK is a voluntary homework assignment students in all grades can do at home with the help of families if needed. The words are taken from the Math curriculum, the MAP and MCA tests. It is a good way to reinforce the learning of these words. Each week a new word is introduced and students will bring a form to complete and bring back to their teacher.
Expectations and Guidelines for students and families:
1. All three areas must be completed on the paper.
2. Research the word through books, internet, or dictionary for help, if needed.
3. The Math Word of the Week will be posted in your child's classroom and on Jenny Lind's television in the foyer.
4. Creativity, quality work and neatness count!
5. Turn your completed work in to your teacher.
6. An award will be presented to the student with the most Word of the Week entries in each grade level at the end of the school year.
7. MOST IMPORTANTLY - HAVE FUN!!
5025 Bryant Avenue North Minneapolis, MN 55430
Telephone: 612.668.2020 | Fax: 612.668.2030