Our standards-based instruction is steeped in our values and beliefs around the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- We value conceptual understanding
- We value thinking and reasoning
- We value building conceptual understanding, thinking, and reasoning in order to develop increased procedural fluency and problem solving flexibility
- We believe positive math identities must be developed and fostered
- We believe that mathematics should be seen as a tool to be an influential member of society
Because of these values and beliefs:
- We use a Launch, Explore, Summarize model of inquiry focused instruction
- We engage our students in cognitively demanding tasks and daily academic conversations through effective math discourse
- Our teachers spend more time questioning and less time showing and telling
- We create classroom cultures in which all students see themselves as mathematicians
Students may access DreamBox Learning from anywhere. Dreambox Learning is an online math program that provides additional practice of concepts learned at school. Click here to login or, for tablets, download theDreamBox Math app from your app store. Use our school code ckmd/jennyle
Families may review their student's progress with a DreamBox Parent/Guardian Account! Please follow these steps to create your free account:
1. Go to http://play.dreambox.com
2. Enter your email address and password.
3. To see student progress, click the Family Dashboard button.