Skip to main content
logo in banner
phone icon
Main Office:
(612) 668-2020
graduation cap icon
High Five - 5th
stick pin icon
5025 Bryant Ave N
Minneapolis 55430
clock icon
7:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday

Social Work Office

Legal and Housing

If you are experiencing housing instability, there are supports available to promote school stability and academic success for students. If you are living in temporary or unstable housing, please let your school social worker know. To get connected with your school social worker, call the main office at your school. Eligible students are protected under the McKinney-Vento Act and have the right to:

?        Stay in the same school.

?        Automatically qualify for free school meals.

?        Immediately enroll in school without education records, immunization records, or proof of residency.

?        Participate fully in school activities.

?        Get school transportation, even across district lines.

?        Receive other educational services.

Learn more at

If you are at risk of losing your home, there are extra protections and financial assistance available:

Hennepin County Emergency Housing Assistance

Hennepin County is offering emergency rent and mortgage assistance for low-income households who have lost income due to COVID-19. If you've fallen behind on rent or utilities or are worried about making payments on time this month, apply now for Hennepin County rental assistance.

Rent is still due during the statewide moratorium on evictions as part of Governor Walz's emergency declaration. Take advantage of assistance to make sure unpaid rent doesn't add up. You may be at risk of eviction if you are behind on payments when the state of emergency ends.

Apply as soon as possible to ensure you receive adequate support in time.

Learn more and apply at

Eviction Moratorium
Most evictions in Minnesota are on pause during this emergency. There is an eviction moratorium during the peacetime emergency declared by Governor Walz. Your landlord can't end your lease or file an eviction case against you right now. There are very few exceptions to this rule and there are free legal resources available if you are uncertain about your rights. Visit Homeline at or Legal Aid at for more information.

Legal and Housing

Tenant Resource Center

2100 Plymouth Ave

Monday and Wednesday from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm and

Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm for the months of January and February 2020 

Central Minnesota Legal Services

430 First Avenue North, Suite 359

(612) 334-5970

(612) 332-8151

·         Family

·         Housing

·         Consumer 

Domestic Abuse Project

(612) 874-7063

·         Therapy

·         Advocay

·         Case Management 

Northpoint Advocacy Office

1315 Penn Avenue North

612.529.7477 (collect calls accepted)

·         Domestic violence

·         Family law

·         Sexual assault

Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid

430 1st Avenue North #300

Intake: 612-334-5970

Office: 612-332-1441

Legal assistance for individuals with housing related problems (eviction, sub-standard housing, need for repairs, rent increases, landlord abuses, loss of public housing matters, etc.)

Contact Us
Are you a current student/family of the school? No Yes
Preferred method of communication
Phone Email

Thank you for requesting information. We will respond shortly.

5025 Bryant Ave N
Minneapolis 55430
Main Office:
(612) 668-2020
return to page top icon